Before making a booking, please read our usage policy, booking instructions and cancellation policy below, or download our site information document.
New for 2024!
Single nights bookable in January, February, November and December
only £250 per night
All bookings are subject to being approved for availability and minimum occupancy rates.
£300 per night. March – October and February half term. For stays that include a Friday and/or a Saturday night, a minimum of 2 nights must be booked.
£250 per night. January, February (excluding half term), November and December. Single nights available.
Maximum 30 people.
£9 per person per night, minimum 4 people. Maximum 6 people.
Herons Wey, Weyside and Enid’s Cabin is open to members of Girlguiding, Scouting, and other organized groups with permission for residential stays and day bookings.
The site is open exclusively to members of Girlguiding and the Scout Association for evening bookings unless written permission is provided by the management committee.
Herons Wey accommodation is solely reserved for Girlguiding groups during the week and weekends either side of the May Half Term and the first two weeks of the School Summer Holidays based on Surrey County Council’s School Term and Holiday Dates. At all other times Herons Wey is open to other groups.
Bookings from members of the General Public or by family groups of a Girlguiding member will only be considered if they pay a premium fee to reserve the entire site. Written permission for any such booking will be provided by the management committee.
All adults staying overnight are required to have completed an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland clearance through the organisation they are attending with.
Other than Police and Assistance Dogs, no dogs are allowed on site.
- Bookings can only be made if you are 18 years or older.
- The website shows AVAILABILITY and provisional bookings can be made via the online booking system; this does not guarantee a booking.
- The BOOK NOW tab shows the prices based on the night rate for Weyside and minimum occupancy rates for Enid’s Cabin for the selected dates. Guest numbers can be altered later if numbers are unknown.
- To book day visits, evening visits or for special requests please submit an enquiry form.
- Provisional bookings can be made by selecting the BOOK NOW button for the required accommodation.
- On the CREATE BOOKING page, guests can choose to request any additional services (i.e. equipment and activities) and can review the payments before completing the form and submitting the request by using the CONTINUE button.
- In 3 working days – we will confirm if we can accept your booking.
- We require payment within 2 weeks to secure the booking
- Bookings are confirmed once the non-refundable deposit has been received; late or no payment will result in automatic cancellation of a booking request.
- Payments can be made via BACS, credit card or cheque. Details of ways to pay will be emailed to you with the Booking ID which should be used as a reference.
- Bookings made within 4 weeks of the arrival date must be paid in full to confirm the booking.
- Bookings made in advance of 4 weeks of the arrival date will be subject to a deposit of 33% .
Bookings can be amended by replying to any of the received emails at any time prior to 6 weeks before the arrival date.
Addition of guests or services may result in an additional payment being requested. Any changes resulting in the quote being reduced will automatically be handled by the system and any future payment amounts adjusted. No refunds will be given to any changes/amendments made to bookings within 6 weeks of the arrival date unless cancellation is by Girlguiding Surrey West.
It is the guest’s responsibility to arrange appropriate insurance against cancellation or curtailment.
Any breach to the terms and conditions listed above may result in your booking being cancelled; no refunds will be given.
Cancellations by You (the Guest/Hirer)
Cancellations of confirmed bookings must be received by us in writing (email or post) and will incur a cancellation fee:
- More than 12 weeks prior to the arrival date – any monies paid, which includes deposits.
- Non-arrival or cancellation 12 weeks or less from date of arrival – the full cost as per your booking quote.
Cancellations by Us (Girlguiding Surrey West)
If Girlguiding Surrey West should cancel your booking for any reason then you will be refunded in full any monies paid, including the deposit, within 28 days.
If Girlguiding Surrey West should cancel your booking of any additional services for any reason, then you will be refunded in full any monies paid related to the additional services within 28 days.
The Guest (Hirer) will not receive compensation for any cancellation other than the refund of fees paid.
Data Protection: your data will be held on a Third-Party booking system ‘Checkfront’, which can be accessed by the County Office, members of the Herons Wey Management Committee and Wardens. Your data will only be used in relation to your booking.
Click on availability to view calendar and make a booking